Buttons

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Rivet Land Battleship/Carrier

I've always been fascinated with land based battleships.  The idea of a GIANT tank that is pretty much just a battleship with tracks sounds so cool.  So I was watching starblazers the other day and that got me sketching some ideas and I decided that Rivet Wars needs one!  Why hadn't I done this before?

So here is a really rough sketch and 3d model.  It's similar to a Wasp Class Amphibious Assault Ship in that there is a runway so it can handle aircraft as well as a ramp in the stern for deploying troops.  I added some big guns so it also has the firepower of a battleship.  Oh and a giant drill like the sub in Atragon :)  That's so it can go through mountains and obstacles.  It's the Rivet version of a wave motion gun :)  I'll do more design and sketching but I'm digging the feel of the massing and where it's going.  Let me know what you think?










Will I make a toy of this?  Absolutely.  I'll probably make a smaller one to start, like 6" long maybe?  I'd like it to come with a couple tiny planes and vert tanks that you could put on the deck.  Making one to scale with the 55mm vert tanks would be pretty crazy but never say never...

No comments:

Post a Comment