Buttons

Monday, October 17, 2011

New York Comic Con 2011

Wow!  My first New York Comic Con is finished.  It was a great time.

Got to meet George from Toybreak, Matt of Onell Toys, Steve of Sketchbot, and The Sucklord!  Also met up with Darrin, Jared, Connor, Roger, Steve and so many others.  I got my toys signed by Joe Ledbetter and a print signed by Geoff Darrow of Hard Boiled fame!  I met Ben Caldwell and Eric Canete, two artists whose work I really admire.

I was also shocked at how many people were like, "hey, so you're that rivet wars guy!"  It was amazing how supportive people were and encouraging.  I handed out, sold and traded a lot of toys and gave George his XL Rivet shirt :)  So much fun and good will going around.  Lots of people who just love making cool stuff and that's what it's all about.  Such an inspiring weekend.

Making shirts for the show.

NYCC 2011 grunts

The show floor

Onell Booth.  Look at all the great stuff.

New Cintiq.  That base is so big.

First sale of a grunt to Mr. Pepe.

Ian, Andrew, Steve and RA showing
how cool Reckoning is!

Best food ever.

I see some chogokin in there.

Met up with Connor and Jared.

Jared's cool work in progress sculpt.

The Sucklord checking out Rivet Wars!

3D printing kit.

A real american hero.

These remind me of the evel knievel
 toys from back in the day.

Voltron or GoLion!

Reckoning Troll toy!

Ashley Wood paintings.  Start
at $5k :(

Joe Ledbetter!  Picked up two of these
and got them signed!

3A cool stuff.

Just awesome.  Is that Ilya?

Met Matt of Onell toys.  What a great
guy.

Some cool 4 horsemen stuff.

Love this.  Had that toy when I was a kid.

Met George of Toybreak and Steve
of Sketchbot.  These guys have
really inspired me.

Roger Harkavy!  We go back 10+
years collecting Japanese robots.

Super 7!  Roger introduced me to
Steve.  Super cool guy.

Yes son, I know boba fett.

Saturday's take.


My take for the show! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast seeing
    a bunch of cool people and cool toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it really was a blast. Meeting folks was the best part. Being new to toy making it's amazing how accepting people are of what I'm doing and really encouraging. It was great to meet so many of those people in person.

    ReplyDelete